Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] postless65@gmail.com is offline

Default Newbie table top question

I am under taking a project on the honey do list. I have some minimal finish carpentry experience as well basic wood working tools, and access to more if needed. I am going to be building a table roughly 4' tall with a 3'x5' top. My original plan was to use some scrap barn wood laying around for the top, but I have a new idea and need help executing it. I would like to use a different wood in the middle and use the barn wood as a border on the top. But I'm having trouble finding the right wood that would blend well with barn wood. Any suggestions?!