Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default More Americans Worse Off Financially Than a Year Ago

On 1/15/14 6:52 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Due to cutbacks, an across the board cut of 10%,no raises, loss of matching
401k funds, insurance, the people where I worked are worse off than they
were over 10 years ago, maybe almost 15 years ago. I retired 2 years ago
and with the pension funds I managed to salvage, I am beter off retired than
working.

Inflation calculator here
http://tinyurl.com/5h38zj at the Dollar Times.
Someone making $5.00 per hour in 1976 would have had to make
$20.68 per hour in 2013 to stay even. Tax not included.