Swingman

Default How to sharp inside corners

"Ollie" wrote in message

Instead of eye-hand coordination, what kind of guide system is good?

To make a long story short, to cut a straight line with a jigsaw, you will
always get better results with a straight edge/saw guide to guide the cut.

On reasonably short cuts, I use one of two different sizes of framing
squares only because they are easy to hold with your free hand or clamp. Any
straight edge that you can hold, or clamp, on the workpiece along side the
cut will do.

Should it be on left or right?

Whatever fits. Put it on whatever side of the workpiece will take it and is
comfortable for you to cut on.

Should I update my jig saw to a newer model?

No need ... just get good blades and use a straight edge/guide of some type.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04