Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Sketchup, dowels

On 1/15/2014 9:15 PM, Leon wrote:
You can make the rabbet relative shallow, 1/8" and you porbably would
only be able to tell by measuring. All you need is that shallow ledge
to keep the mating 1x2 piece from sliding across the face of the 1x3.

The more I think about this, the more I like the idea. One of the great
things about dadoes and rabbets (besides the fact that I have been
successful at making them) is that once they are cut, there's no more
worry about alignment; the precise amount of imprecision is locked in.

---