Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Uni-t-fence

Leon wrote:
On 1/15/2014 5:43 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
Bill wrote:
As Jeff suggested, I'll surely buy a lesser blade (if I can find any
full
kerf ones) to practice on. The Freud-Diablo's, IIRC, seem to have
kerf around .91.

Bill
Again, I don't think I would practice on anything other than a Forrest.
Lessor blades are going to yield lessor results.

Jeff was just concerned that I might accidentally "burn up the blade"
during my "learning-phase" and that it would be an expensive lesson...

Not going to burn it up. I have run my Forrest, full up buried,
resawing a 1x6 piece of ipe. Ipe is approximately 2.5 time harder
than oak.

Just don't try to screw it up...

A 20% hook is pretty high, no? The wood may be inclined to feed itself!
Anyway, it appears that I may save some time and money by going with
this blade, so I appreciate the time and effort spent to help make me a
"happy camper"!
There was even more convincing than I needed, but maybe someone else
learned something too.

Based on reading a lot of blade reviews, on separate occasions, it does
seem likely that those who were not satisfied probably needed saw
adjustments (or smoother-running belts, or a new saw ; ) In numerous
cases, those that made the adjustments wrote that they got improved results.

Bill