Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Uni-t-fence

woodchucker wrote in
:

On 1/15/2014 7:18 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

1. With regard to the WW-II, a number of folks were
complaining about their Cherry wood getting burnt. Have you
observed any special issues with Cherry (need to cut it
faster?)

That's another reason I like the Ridge Carbide blade: it *is*
easy to burn cherry with a WWII, but not quite so easy with the
RC blade.

How do you know that about the WWII, do you have a different #
of teeth?

I have one of those also. I prefer the RC blade.

I have a RC dado set. I would not recommend it to anyone. Size
wise it had too many issues.

That surprises me. The reason I bought the RC blade is because I
was so happy with the performance of the RC dado set I had bought
a few years previously.