Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Uni-t-fence

On 1/15/2014 6:59 AM, Markem wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 18:02:26 -0500, Bill
wrote:

I just don't want it to throw anything at me (and I don't want to be in
the line of fire if it tries....) And I don't want to have to explain
that I didn't know I was doing something in a "stupid" way. As you
suggested, Leon provided me with good answers to my questions.

Leather apron if it does helps, but if you pay attention to the saw
you will minimize that problem. One of the reasons my father quit
using his wood working machines was his hearing, he could no longer
hear well enough. Listening to the machine is an important part of
safety.

Good recommendations. A heavy apron will go a long way in protecting
any body part that it is protecting in the event of something being
thrown back.

Bill just so you know you will do "something stupid" or something will
just happen, you are doing your best to minimize that risk. Go out and
have fun making something, if nothing else make some smaller boards.

The experience will help you learn abot your saw.

Mark