Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Uni-t-fence

Swingman wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
Swingman wrote in news:1918116651411466633.755997kac-
:

Bill wrote:

I know there are a lot of Forrest WW-II fans, but the reviews were not
very overwhelming, so it's sort of a tough call (but you can see which way I'm leaning).

It is a no brainer call.

Buying a Forrest WW-II is not something you will ever regret. If there was
a better 'bang for the buck' blade out there trust me, I'd own it.

There is.

http://ridgecarbidetool.com/saws-and...10-ts2000.html

The cut quality is every bit as good as the Forrest WWII at about 80% of
the price. I bought
one of these at the Woodworking Show about four years ago, and was very impressed. I'll
never go back to Forrest blades -- especially after having had an absolutely miserable
experience with their service. IMO Forrest is overrated, with respect to
the quality of both
their products and their service.

How does it hold up after sharpening?

My criteria for what I do, besides a top notch cut, is longevity between
sharpening and number of sharpening cycles. Forrest has excelled in those
categories for me for years. AAMOF, I have a WW II still in use after 10+
years that cuts like new.

Don't doubt you have a good blade, but it would take evidence of that kind
of track record to get me to change.

One of my Forrest blades is 15 years old and has probably been resharpened
5 times by Forrest, still cuts like the newer ones.