Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default OT - Alexandra Bastedo dead at 67

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Dave Baker" wrote in message
Growing up in the 60s and 70s I was fascinated by every sci-fi and
fantasy program on the telly back then. Star Trek, Voyage to the Bottom
of the Sea, The Time Tunnel, Kung Fu and also her program The Champions.
Like most shows of that era it was pretty "hammy" in parts and had none
of the special effects that we're so used to now but I could overlook all
that because in my eyes she was one of the most stunningly gorgeous women
ever to grace a tv screen. Even as a kid I was utterly mesmerised by her
beauty.

Funnily enough I rewatched every episode just a few years ago from
torrents available online and even uploaded my own compilation of the
whole series because it wasn't available as a complete set on any one
torrent site. I've long since had to delete the files from my own hard
disk due to lack of space but I'm pleased to see it's still being seeded
by others.

http://tpb.unblocked.co/torrent/5628...ete_all_30_eps

After TV fame she very commendably devoted much of her life to animal
welfare, also one of my own passions, and ran a sanctuary for them in
West Sussex. Before I moved far away to north east Scotland recently I
did occasionally idly contemplate visiting it on the off chance of being
able to meet her but too late now of course.

67 isn't much of an age nowadays either but sadly cancer still manages to
defeat the best of modern medicine.
--
Dave Baker

Very sad. As a teenager I used to lust after her.
Cancer got most of her family too.

It's going to get most people as modern medicine stops us dying of "other"
things

tim