Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Home Depot/Lowes appliance repair?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/13/2014 10:17 PM, Norminn wrote:

CBS news tonight had a spot about appliance repair a la Consumer
Reports. Advised to buy new if the repair bill would be more than half
new purchase price!! Really? F--- that! My parents bought a Philco

Hi,
**** replace "that" with your name. LOW efficiency aNcient fridge is a
power HOG! Nothing to brag about.

fridge about 1955 ... to replace our ice box ... and it was still
working in 2005. Something like 40% of refrigerators need repair
withing 4 years. Damn crooked mfgs...

Do the math. All the math. Even with a repair every four years, that
1955 refrigerator is costing you more than a new efficient model and the
occasional repair.

I got rid of an old fridge and replaced it with one 50% larger and my
electric bill dropped over $10 a month.