Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Home Depot/Lowes appliance repair?

CRNG wrote in
news
Anybody here have any experience getting appliance repair
(refrigerator, clothes washer/dryer, dishwasher) from either Lowe's
or Home Depot. I will be in the market for a low-end top loading
clothes washer such as this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Maytag-Ce...igh-Efficiency
-Top-Load-Washer-in-White-ENERGY-STAR-MVWC360AW/203667281#.UtPzDvu3MS4

in the next year, and I was wondering what happens if it ever needs
service. I've never purchased an appliance from them.

Do they offer appliance service? Is it any good?

Thanks

Had one. From Home Depot, Maytag, high efficiency, including that low low
agitator.

Fortunately the buyer got an extended warranty. That kept it alive for
like 4 years. In that time some gear thing blew, the tub cracked (it's
plastic under the covers), the pump housing cracked (it's plastic), the
tub cracked again after the extended warranty ran out. At this point it
was off to be made into pet food cans, shovel heads, etc.

For my area, this company was the service for them:
https://www.aefactoryservice.com/

Replaced with a Speed Queen commercial top loader (laundry minus the coin
slot) with no electronic bull****. All mechanical dials. Local non-chain
appliance store.