Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Home Depot/Lowes appliance repair?

On 1/13/2014 9:08 AM, CRNG wrote:
Anybody here have any experience getting appliance repair
(refrigerator, clothes washer/dryer, dishwasher) from either Lowe's
or Home Depot. I will be in the market for a low-end top loading
clothes washer such as this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Maytag-Centennial-3-6-cu-ft-High-Efficiency-Top-Load-Washer-in-White-ENERGY-STAR-MVWC360AW/203667281#.UtPzDvu3MS4

in the next year, and I was wondering what happens if it ever needs
service. I've never purchased an appliance from them.

Do they offer appliance service? Is it any good?

Thanks

I have no experience about the service because I've never bought an
appliance from them. My local dealer will meet or beat their price
every time. They also have better service for delivery and
installation than a big box store can offer.

Once the warranty is gone you will do better with a local repair service
anyway.