Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Home Depot/Lowes appliance repair?

On 01/13/2014 08:08 AM, CRNG wrote:
Anybody here have any experience getting appliance repair
(refrigerator, clothes washer/dryer, dishwasher) from either Lowe's
or Home Depot. I will be in the market for a low-end top loading
clothes washer such as this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Maytag-Centennial-3-6-cu-ft-High-Efficiency-Top-Load-Washer-in-White-ENERGY-STAR-MVWC360AW/203667281#.UtPzDvu3MS4

in the next year, and I was wondering what happens if it ever needs
service. I've never purchased an appliance from them.

Do they offer appliance service? Is it any good?

Thanks

I think they just contract-out locally.

Since it's a Maytag chances are it's not going to need any service. As a
matter of fact it is very rare that any new appliance will need service
for a very long time. Don't waste your money on a service contact...I am
sure they will try to sell you one.

You are also wise to get a low-end unit...the fancy ones with tons of
features you don't need are the ones more likely to have problems.

My Maytag washer has been working fine for 26 years and has needed no
service whatever.