Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Alexandra Bastedo dead at 67

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:37:02 +0000, Nightjar wrote:

On 13/01/2014 08:48, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 05:45:07 -0000, Dave Baker wrote:

Growing up in the 60s and 70s I was fascinated by every sci-fi and
fantasy program on the telly back then. Star Trek, Voyage to the
Bottom of the Sea, The Time Tunnel, Kung Fu and also her program The
Champions.

My era as well but until yesterday had not heard of Alexandra Bastedo
or The Champions. googles ah, one series of 30 episodes Sep '68 to
Apr 69 on ITV, we didn't have ITV...

I don't think you missed much, apart, perhaps, from seeing Alexandra
Bastedo., if she was to your taste. Mine ran more to Ruth Pearson (and
later Cherie Gillespie) of Pan's People and Goldie Hawn on Rowan and
Martin's Laugh In.

Ah now...name dropping again...one of Pan's People (and I forget which
one) lived next door to me when I was a teenager!