Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Unbelieveable Day!

On 1/12/2014 7:34 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 1/12/2014 7:36 AM, basilisk wrote:
On 01/11/2014 08:29 PM, Sonny wrote:

Sonny

Sonny, I'm sorry that you were dragged into her mental illness, maybe
she will get the help she needs.

I wouldn't worry to much about doing something to prevent such things,
if it hadn't been the table saw it would have been something else.

The knives in the kitchen, shotgun in closet, that spare can of gas...
always a way, you can't out clever a crazy person.

basilisk

I agree with the above. Our society has decided that by things or laws
they can prevent bad thing from happening. It is not going to happen.
The only thing the thing and laws do is to prevent efficient operation
of the system.

Precisely and exactly why out lawing guns is not going to stop violence.

If you do not believe that consider suicide. Most states and
communities have laws that in essential make suicide illegal. Has it
prevented suicide? No suicide continues at past rates.

This country has been fighting poverty for 50 years, Has it prevented
poverty. No Poverty is higher to day than it was when the program was
started.

The program is working exactly as those that implemented it wanted it to
work. It is a total success.
The problem with the program is it was sold as a help to those in
poverty. It's intent and "by function" result was to make those in
poverty dependent on the government. A majority of those being
supported by the government are taught to depend on the government for
support. Thus poverty grows and the voter base for those in government
wanting to do more for the ill educated.

It's the whole give the man a fish and feed him for a day scenario.

Global warming is another example. There are those who think if it is
happening it is our fault and we need to do something to prevented.

Follow the money.

In each of the above cases, there is no way we can change the
conditions, but throwing money at is is not the answer. May be we
should reconsider what was put in to the law by the US Congress which
consisted of the men who wrote the Constitution.

"Northwest Ordinance: "Religion, morality and knowledge, being necessary
to good government and the happiness of mankind, schools and the means
of education shall forever be encouraged" approved by US CONGRESS July
13,1787 of which 41 member helped write the Constitution which was
approved September 17, 1787 ."

Agreed. Actions which were once considered immoral a few decades ago
now have laws protecting those actions, and with morals being tossed
out the window too goes our future.