patriarch

Default Looking to buy a good quality low cost block plane any suggestions

(Lawrence Wasserman) wrote in
:

Without getting into a comparison with LV or LN, I have a new style
Stanley low angle block plane, model 12-960, and I find it works just
as well as my old Stanley 60 1/2.

.... but not nearly as well as either the LV or the LN.

$55 for the Stanley. $99 for the LV. $135 for the LN. I use the Stanley
for stuff that just isn't all that critical - softwoods, trim and base,
plywood trimming. And that's the one I loan when my kid comes borrowing
tools.

IF I only had one, which would probably be the frugal thing to do, it would
likely be the LV.

Patriarch