Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Unbelieveable Day!

On 1/11/2014 9:53 PM, jloomis wrote:
I cannot believe it!
Never heard of such a thing.....
my word....sobering.....
john

"Sonny" wrote in message

[snip]

I have NEVER had an accident or incident in my shops, until today. It's
very sobering.

Sonny

Sonny,

Take heart in the fact that the maid will do what the maid will do
regardless of what you do to prevent it.

What of her mother who, obviously, knew of the prior attempt. She let
her daughter loose upon you to...

I'm retired LE and people do stupid things for stupid reasons and there
is simply no way you'll ever stop them ALL.

A person seeking a permanent solution to a temporary problem cannot be
reasoned with. At best you'll slow them down and test the limits of
their ingenuity.

I recall a burn out we dealt with as a "frequent flyer." His life
"ruined" by drugs he was unable to cope and attempts by family, et al.
to get him help were insufficient.

Temporary commitments when he'd get to acting out were just that:
Temporary!

His folks removed all guns from the house and turned them over to us for
safekeeping.

Within three weeks he, a contractor when he worked, solved his problems.
He was found in his garage with a Hilti Stud gun in hand and a rather
large fastener in his brain.

We thanked the lord, or whomever, that he had that determination and
ingenuity rather than getting in his car and plowing head on into
another vehicle, a train or bridge abutment thus traumatizing some other
individual.

A pity that your maid did not have the same ingenuity or compassion for you.