parish

Default [OT] Car insurance craziness

Capitol wrote:

You missed the point, that, for all government employees, the pensions
contributions ( paid by the taxpayer) went up by IIRC 7%. So for every
government employee, the costs rose by 8%. This represents a 70%
increase(approx) in employers( taxpayers) costs! This is why there is no
improvement in the NHS, why we are sacking teachers and cutting back on
other government services, except legal aid for asylum seekers. I understand
that 7M people now work for the state! Horrifying, how many BCO's can we get
rid of?!!

Well said! I am out of work (got a job starting 18th Aug :-) ) and
whilst job hunting noticed that Civil Service posts were the only ones
offering final salary pensions, at a time when even the largest company
schemes are struggling and have, or are considering, abolishing final
salary schemes.

Is it any wonder that Council Tax bills rise 10+% per year yet Local
Authorities still cut services.

This appears to be a government out of control of the nations finances.

Better put another 1p, make that 2p, on income tax - just in case GWB
needs us to go and invade some other country with them.