Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default English wheel, and other metalworking questions

On 1/8/2014 8:55 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 06:52:03 -0600,
wrote:

But if anyone (_NEAR TEXAS!_) knows of a Capri 18 or Capri 22 - with
trailer) that is in good to excellent shape - and can be pried from
the current owner's hands for a not too unreasonable sum -

I'd be grateful to hear about it.

They got to be kidding..must be a dealers sample
http://ventura.craigslist.org/bod/4277029518.html

Here you go...

http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/4273634890.html

Whooops..its in Maine...sorry about that.....

Or this one....whoops..New York

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/40436

Excellent find!
Maine is just past Texarkana, right?
This one I had not seen before.

No way!
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/40399

That the Mark II version, and not a bad price for that age.

2004 was when they changed the deck house to the swoopy style.
I like the older style squared house better.
More comfortable headroom below decks.

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/40345

Too far!

By far!

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/40038

Carter Lake Colorado.
WAY WAY past Lubbock.
I checked it several times.
How on Earth could anyplace in Colorado be 1000 miles from Dallas???

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/34257

This one is rougher than it looks in these pics.
Bad stress crack in the port side cockpit combing, cockpit, etc.
A few other rubs and scrapes.

Cant live with a 25 footer could you?

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/38720

No. The Capri 25 is a flat out racer.

Faster than my Capri 26 by far. And that boat could move quite well!

Great for running around with your hair on fire.
Not the kind of sailing we do any more.

Ill keep looking for your dream boat.....(Grin)

You do realize that they made about 1500 of those boats..right? And
finding one in Texas ..is going to be a bit of a problem. Might take
some of those vast riches of yours to get one shipped to you from the
other 49 states...just saying

Still making them too.

Base price for a new 2014 Capri 22 is (sit your self down!)
$21,736. Base. No trailer, no portapotty, no motor.

There's an '89 model in San Antonio for sale.
Excellent shape. With (homebrew) trailer.
Great sails. Etc. Might be a winner, if the guy will get right on the
price. I figure it to be worth 8k or so. Maybe 8.5. Not 10.5.
But it's about time for his price to drop if he wants to keep the ad up.
(Rules of Sailing Texas) http://sailingtexas.com/201301/scapri22167.html

There are a dozen or so on Ray Hubbard.
Another couple of dozen around the other lakes near here.
They are not hard to find.
It's just hard to get people to let go of them.