Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Just a bit of information for those that may someday need to do this.....

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 21:57:03 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:44:07 -0800
On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 08:02:54 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

Send them on a Global Warming Research ship. Make sure it is a
sailing vessel, so that they don't have to worry about carbon
credits.
Better yet, send them south by galley.

"I have good news and bad news. First, the good news, lunch will
be an hour. The bad news is that after lunch, the captain wants to
go water skiing."
--
pyotr filipivich

They could always explore the Northwest Passage, which is opening up
for the first time since Viking days:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_Passage
"Before the Little Ice Age, Norwegian Vikings sailed as far north and
west as Ellesmere Island, Skraeling Island and Ruin Island for hunting
expeditions and trading with the Inuit groups who already inhabited
the region."

They could recreate the famous Franklin Expedition.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankli...ost_expedition

Where did all those CFCs and CO2 and whatnot come from? Vikings used
that much pit spray and air conditioners?

Ya shur, you betcha. Not to mention the 47 oared Fjord they
drove all over everywhere. Sure, the village was on fire when we got
here.... we're not Vikings, we're just simple farmers.... they didn't
need these sheep anymore, anyway.... that's our story and we're
sticking to it! :-)
And now you know.

--
pyotr filipivich

Probably not a 47 oared Fjord as a "fjord" is a bay... (it is full of
water (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.