Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Counter Sink Bit

On 1/7/2014 10:02 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Markem" wrote:

I use drywall screws for drywall, but wood no I do not them use as
they rust and break.

SFWIW

Use coarse thread deck screws for temporary structures
such as mockups.

Huh? If it is just a mockup, why not use the cheapest coarse thread screw
available? It's just going to be torn down again very quickly.

Because a cheap ass screw does not know the difference between something
that is or is not a mockup. If it strips, breaks, or what ever it is
still not worth the pennies saved compared to your valuable time.