Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Carriage wheels

On 1/7/2014 2:42 PM, G.Dubois wrote:
An advice in two parts:

1) The making of a carriage wheel is hard, if you can read some french
try read this

http://www.ecurieattelage.com/charro...roues-en-bois/

As it happens, I can read a bit of French, but I'm afraid that site
deals with the making of real carriage wheels with tuned spokes strong
enough to rumble down a dirt road somewhere. In community theater, they
hold to the "30 foot rule": If it looks good from 30 feet away, it's
good enough. Now in this case the wheels will have to safely carry 2
people a few feet on a smooth floor, but that's all that will be asked
of them from a practical standpoint.

---