Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Sub freezing temps and shop supplies

On 1/6/2014 11:35 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

That's part of that nanny state we live in now.

But on the other hand, half these kids today don't dress for the
cold..... it's not cool. So they come out in tshirts, sandals, belly
showing on the girls...
Many don't come to school with coats... I would watch half these kids
waiting for the bus on freezing days with nothing on..
It doesn't make sense... Where are the parents to hit these kids on
the side of the head and tell them to get smart... stop being an
idiot.

Kids haven't had parents in years - or maybe decades. They have "friends"
that don't want to hurt their feeings. Or something like that...

If a parent disciplined a child, the government would be taking the
children away saying the parents were abusing their children