Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sub freezing temps and shop supplies

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Bill wrote:

It's -9F here in Indianapolis too. -30F wind chill, but I'll be
staying put. Most schools around are closed today and tomorrow.

I don't get that. We've had those kinds of temperatures all
throughout the snow belt forever, and we never had to close schools
because it was too cold. Yes - it's cold for sure, but come on...

It's not the cold but probably the wind and blowing snow. Clearing our
drive wasn't too bad, but as soon as I got to the neighbor's the wind and
blowing snow made things uncomfortable and possibly dangerous quickly.

Tonight, I spent an hour and a half clearing the ice rink in -8F
temperatures. The wind has died down quite a bit, so it's much more
comfortable out there.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.