Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Counter Sink Bit

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:26:24 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 17:02:18 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:
On 1/2/2014 9:21 PM, Bill wrote:
I already have a couple of those Craftsman combocounter sink bits (i.e.
with a drill bit) that came with a drill bit set, but I was looking for
a decent counter sink bit by itself, for wood (and plastic).
Like these:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...80,42240,42281
Yes Pat, that's a set I would like to get. The web site indicates they
are sold out, but I will look for them at The Woodworking Shows in 2 weeks.

Bill

I'm curious why one would want a set of these when a single bit,
similar to the one others have recommended, could do the job?

Because they could help create a cylindrically-shaped hole, if desired
(perhaps for use with a "plug"), rather than just a conically-shaped hole.

Bill

But wouldn't that require multiple plug cutters to cover the different
diameters?