Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default OT Global warming

On 06/01/2014 19:08, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:12:07 +0000, Capitol wrote:

harryagain wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...ange/10546128/

Worlds-climate-warming-faster-than-feared-scientists-say.html

We are the UK, we get weather change not climate change. We knew a
century ago that weather cycles exist and had even charted them. The
romans described the UK as having permanent winter, I don't see any
difference.

The same Romans that grew grapes in Yorkshire ?

I was thinking that. The first time I visited Hadrian's wall (on a
relatively nice summer day 40 years ago) I asked myself what on earth
did they come here for (the standard answer in those days was the copper
in Anglesey and the tin and lead in Cornwall). That was before I looked
up what they were growing.