Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default The CD Shelves: Done

On 1/5/2014 7:15 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Greg Guarino wrote:
Simple, compared with some of the projects I've seen from you folks, but
I'm very pleased with how it came out. My wife is too, enough so that
she has requested some kitchen shelf units.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...7637538534446/

Beautiful. Looks like a lot of work getting everything just right.

It was a lot of work, to be sure; partly because my experience is
limited. I stop to puzzle out the next step where a more seasoned person
would have done something similar many times before. Having said that, I
was pleasantly surprised that several operations seemed to go more
easily than I had expected. I was pretty apprehensive about putting 12
shelves (and the top) in dadoes and getting it all squared up within the
working time of the glue, but that went more smoothly than I dared to
hope for.

As for getting everything "just right", I didn't. But I got enough
right, and - following advice I read here - hid the flaws as best I could.