Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default English wheel, and other metalworking questions

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 17:39:30 -0800 (PST), stryped
wrote:

On Sunday, January 5, 2014 3:00:46 PM UTC-6, Clare wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 21:36:59 -0800 (PST), stryped

wrote:

Can you use just the blue foam at lowes? Is it best to make one mold of the entire body or can you do it in sections ie rear fender door etc then somehow bolt everything togetjer?

one problem i see not being the most artistic would be carving out the foam to look like a t bucket.

actually i have been looking atvpictures the newer model ford that has rear fendersband a trunk looks better than a t bucket imho

You can use the blue foam if you use the right resin or seal the foam.

You COULD make separate parts then stick them together with

fiberglass, or if you are REALLY accurate, bolt them together.

And yes, a Model A or a Deuce body is better looking than a "T" to me

too.

My dream is a Shelby cobra, but I would guess that would be considerably harder that a t bucket or even model A

I understand about it being best doing the fibreglassing of how the car came from the factory. I guess on the deuce the entire cab portion was one piece?

It was welded up from at least a dozen parts, with all the seams
leaded

Been reading a lot about fiberglassing. There is a lot of the material on experimental aircraft sights. One that comes to mind has the word Spruce in it I think.

Aircraft Spruce.