Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default Carriage wheels

On 01/05/2014 02:05 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 1/4/2014 7:53 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Larry W" wrote

Aren't those horse-drawn carriages still for rent around Central Park
and
some other parts of NYC? In Baltimore we have a dwindling population
of roving produce vendors, locally called "arabbers" or arabs, that
sell their merchanidse from small horse-drawn wagons. Not nearly as
common
as they were even 10 years ago, but still some around and their are a
few
stables left within the city that support them. I'd be surprised if
there was not someplace in NYC that had a wagon you could use or alter
temporarily if needed.

Better move fast on this one. The new mayor says his first official act
in office is to ban horse drawn rides in NYC cuz it is "cruel" to force
these poor animals to do some work. He wants to replace them with
electric carts. Ain't nothing more romantic that a ride through Central
Park in a golf cart.

Yea the new mayor thinks the stop and frisk was a bad idea. He wants to

Those poor horses ... Those horses are better cared for than many
horses. Most have a healthy look, no starving horses.

Truth is, if there isn't a job for these horses to do most of them will
be put down or sent to slaughter houses, no one feeds multiple teams of
horses just for the fun of it.

basilisk