Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sub freezing temps and shop supplies

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 11:26:57 -0500, j wrote:

I have a shop and a paint room that I don't usually keep under climate
control other than being attached to the house.

So, what to bring in, and what to leave out?

So far, I've brought in all the latex paints, and glues, and left out
pretty much everything else. The anticipated low looks to be around 5F.
I have the usual collection of odd products, is there something in there
that may need to be brought in?

ANYTHING water based, bring it in. Anything else you value and have
room for - bring it in. Lubricants (oils) and pure solvents are not a
problem. Any emulsion and many mixes can be. Rather safe than sorry.
Don't leave resins where they can freeze.