Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Carriage wheels

"Larry W" wrote

Aren't those horse-drawn carriages still for rent around Central Park and
some other parts of NYC? In Baltimore we have a dwindling population
of roving produce vendors, locally called "arabbers" or arabs, that
sell their merchanidse from small horse-drawn wagons. Not nearly as common
as they were even 10 years ago, but still some around and their are a few
stables left within the city that support them. I'd be surprised if
there was not someplace in NYC that had a wagon you could use or alter
temporarily if needed.

Better move fast on this one. The new mayor says his first official act in
office is to ban horse drawn rides in NYC cuz it is "cruel" to force these
poor animals to do some work. He wants to replace them with electric carts.
Ain't nothing more romantic that a ride through Central Park in a golf cart.