Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default Open SSID for HP printers

Michael Black wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jan 2014, root wrote:

I went walking around my neighborhood scanning for open wifi
hotspots and found several HP printers. Does that mean
that someone could park outside the place and a long stream
of documents to the printer(s)?

Look on the bright side. They can't retrieve the printing unless they
break into your house.

Michael

I must not have made myself clear. I wonder whether a person
who has his printer setup as open could be victimized by
someone outside sending stuff to the open printer.

In my search for open sites I saw that some sites came
up as open and were HP printers. I don't know where they
are, they are just somewhere and open.