Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home Experiences

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 12/30/2013 5:46 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 12/27/2013 8:50 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 12/17/2013 7:03 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
At 2:30am the house shook like it would from a sonic boom and
it turned out to be a gas explosion in a neighborhood within a
mile from me. It

. I called a
morning radio talk show and told them about how the house shook at
2:30am leading me to believe it was a sonic boom from a jet and it
was a BOOM! alright. O_o

TDD

I'm sure they were thrilled... During my firefighting days I loved
to see the water blown out of the clay in the blow-holes.

One can really get an appreciation of the Btu's of heat when one
lights off!

Gas detection/level meters are more accurate and dependable than
ever.

Natural gas rises which tends to dissipate it. Propane sinks so you
have to flow water to dissipate it. Sometimes the relief valves
freeze open because expanding gases cool. More fun. The local
utility is charging a fantastic amount to run pipelines so most
developers are switching to u underground propane tanks. Okay until
the landscapers run over the dome with their Bobcats... More fun.

If the fire truck stalls when going to a gas leak do NOT attempt to
restart it.

Sonic boom HAH

Nobody should badmouth paramedics and firemen around me because the guys
and gals from two departments saved my life twice this year. The
critic may wind up needing a paramedic. ^_^

TDD

I was not being critical - because I was one.
Unless you didn't mean me?

The only calls that really bothered me was the
DUI's taking out innocent people. But one doesn't
think of that while doing their job; it hits you
later...

There was a horrible story in the news where a fireman discovered the
body of a victim and it was his own daughter. I felt so bad for the guy.
That's the sort of thing that Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat
Freaks make fun of. o_O

TDD

Then there's the incident up near Rochester, NY where a guy shot his sister
in his house, then set the house on fire and ambushed the first responders.
Kill a couple of fireman and a policeman before he eventually killed
himself - which he should have just done in the first place.

6 houses burned while the police were engaged in a shoot-out and evacuating
the neighborhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_We..._York_shooting