Morris Dovey

Default How to sharp inside corners

Ollie wrote:

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Jay Pique wrote:

How about a CNC router?!

Still need either a reasonably powerful laser for the CNC or
a corner chisel.

I suppose you /could/ cut a good inside corner with a 1/64"
up-spiral bit in a couple of dozen passes; but I haven't
seen any of those bits with an adequate cutting length to
clear the chips/dust from a 1/2" deep cut.

Lasers that'll cut 1/2" plywood are a *bunch* more expensive
than corner chisels. (-:

If I were a rich man, I would have a laser cutter, CNC, and
HCM and playing with them all day long. =)

Reasonable capacity lasers are fairly expensive relative to most
shop tools. The last time I priced laser cutters, they were more
expensive than my entire existing 96"x48"x6" CNC setup. I decided
that I'd best do without.

My HCM is a cheapie ($100) from Harbor Freight and works well. I
don't use it often; but have been satisfied with its performance
so far.

I've seen good used 3-axis CNC routers for sale with a $2500
asking price. That seems like a fairly hefty sum until you add up
the costs of all the stuff they replace. You may be able to find
even lower prices if you monitor offerings on E-Bay and some of
the CNC forums like http://cnczone.com/classifieds/index.php and
http://www.talkshopbot.com

--
Morris Dovey