Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Counter Sink Bit

G. Ross wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 00:21:17 -0500,
locate any by Craftsman. From reading some reviews there appears to be
some "junk" out there. I suppose 1/2" will be fine until I need
something larger. Any last second advise on this purchase?

I bought this one a few years back. Works very well.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...=3,41306,41328

Then, I bought this set so I could counter sink in tighter areas.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...80,42240,42281

The single flute bits are the best. I have one similar and several
with 6 flutes and there is no comparison.

I was wondering about that detail. Thank you for sharing your
experience. Also thank you to the others that provided me leads to
other bits (I saved them for present and future reference!)

Bill