Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default just got very lucky

On 1/2/2014 11:50 PM, Morgans wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

The idea is to get the air to reverse direction so any water vapor
drops out.

I use a piece of 1 1/2" steel pipe in a vertical position, and put the
air into a t at the bottom of the pipe. Petcock to drain water. At the
top of said 5 foot pip, the air comes out, cool and de-moistened.

My idea is to get the air to move slowly, and plenty-O-surface area to
cool. Slow means water will not get pushed upwards with the air flow.
Cool means water does not condense in the lines as the air does not cool
later downstream. I have a couple manifolds with disconnects in
differing numbers so I can use them anywhere in the shop as needs arise.

Jim in NC

---
protection is active.

Yea, that's not a bad idea. I have similar in each of the drops, the t's
allow air to t off, but the moisture drops to the bottom of the pipe
where a ball valve allows me to relieve the line of moisture.

But starting out that way seems like a good idea too, as all the
moisture is there to begin with.

--
Jeff