Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Removing accumulated wax / polish

On 1/3/2014 12:46 PM, Bill Leonhardt wrote:
Hello All,

I'm jumping on this late but, hopefully, with a positive contribution.

I am a member of a woodworking club on Long Island and we are very fortunate to have a finishing expert among our members. Mac Simmons has graciously shared a wealth of knowledge among our members and has a website where others can access his expertise. I encourage you to go to:
http://www.macsimmons.com/
and check it out.

I am to be grouped with those that don't give enough pre-thought and planning for the finishing process and find I'm rushing the finishing so I can be, well, finished. I need to allow more time. It is, I hope, a skill to be developed further in 2014. I also need to read posts more carefully to see who is posting experience and who is repeating what they read elsewhere. Both are valuable but, of course, the former more so.

Happy 2014 to our REC family.

Bill

On Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:06:10 AM UTC-5, Doug wrote:
What methods / products are suggested for removing accumulated wax / polish from

furniture? Item in question is an early 60s console stereo cabinet, believe the finish to

be lacquer.

Thanks.

Doug

Just remember that the step of applying a finish is really the beginning
of an important step, one not to be rushed.