Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default English wheel, and other metalworking questions

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 08:20:21 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

stryped fired this volley in
:

An English Wheel wouldn't be the first choice (or perhaps even the last
one) to form a seamless bucket; they're usually spun.

If you're going to weld the pieces together, why would you need to
hammer-form it at all? Just do the geometry to make a truncated cone and
a bottom, and weld (or solder) away. Two seams: one up the side, and one
around the bottom. The only 'forming' necessary would be to bend a lip
on the bottom piece, and do a roll bead on the top of the open end.

I take it you haven't even looked at a video of an English Wheel in use.

Lloyd

I think Loyd ic confusing a "T" bucket with a "tea" bucket (or
Billie)

A "T" bucket is a replica of an old Ford Model "T" "Bucket" body
(roadster)