Swingman

Default How to sharp inside corners

"Ollie" wrote in message ...
We had to make some L-shape pieces from 1/2 in plywood. We did use the
table saw for the outside dimensions (2' x 2'). Table saw was used for

most
of the length (around 11") for the two lines towards the center. The last
inch was cut with a jig saw. Obviusly the result was not as good as with
table saw. To smoothen the last part we did use a stationary 12" sander.

There must be an easier way to get the nice inside edges. What is that?

I use a jig saw (Bosch 1587AVSK), like you did, on inside corners that are
too big for the band saw (read kick plate cutouts on cabinet sides).

A good jigsaw, a sharp, straight, high quality blade and, very importantly,
a framing square or edge guide of the appropriate size for a saw guide, will
generally give me a cut you can't tell from the table saw blade.

If you can, plans the cuts so that you can make the inside ones first,
giving you a stable base for whatever edge guide you use.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04