Morris Dovey

Default How to get sharp inside corners - corner chisel

Ollie wrote:

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Ollie wrote:

We had to make some L-shape pieces from 1/2 in plywood. We
did use the table saw for the outside dimensions (2' x
2'). Table saw was used for most of the length (around
11") for the two lines towards the center. The last inch
was cut with a jig saw. Obviusly the result was not as
good as with table saw. To smoothen the last part we did
use a stationary 12" sander.

There must be an easier way to get the nice inside edges.
What is that?

I think I might have used a router instead of jig saw, then
a corner chisel to remove the inside fillet left by the
router.

I have never seen or used corner chisel. It sounds a good
tool for rough surfaces, but can it do a smooth finishing
touch. What is the reference you use with that tool to get
all the edges square and straight?

Here's a link to a catalog listing for the one I have. It's
self-aligning. They're available from a number of manufacturers
and suppliers and they all work more or less the same.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page=44837

Hope this helps.
--
Morris Dovey