Posted to rec.woodworking

Default spray lacquer experts

Gramps' shop wrote:
I used some Deft rattle can semi-gloss on two turned bowls. Three
light coats with 30 minutes drying time between coats, per the
instructions on the can. The bowls are not quite as smooth as they
were before spraying. I have some micromesh pads, equivalent to 1000
grit. Question: if I give the bowls a light sanding with the
micromesh am I going to muck up my lacquer work?

BTW -- first time I've used spray lacquer and I sure like the look!!

Not at all Larry. Just do a complete job and get the entire surface scuffed
down evenly. Once that is done, hit it with rubbing (buffing) compound to
bring it back to the sheen you desire. You can get the rubbing compound at
any automotive store.

--

-Mike-