Posted to rec.woodworking

Default just got very lucky

"woodchucker" wrote:

Last day of work today.
left early , went down to the shop, fired up the compressor and it
didn't shut at the right pressure. Switch is still giving me a
problem.
So I shut it, and go to check it.

I hear leaking in 2 spots..
My Home Depot (HUSKY) 3/8 to 1/4 adapter has blown... it just came
slightly apart. I don't even bother with the other leak... I notice
that it's wobbling... Thought the air filter was the culprit,
thought it lost the threads, being an HF unit. Not the case.
I throw the lever valves open and discharge it.

Boy I did not know how lucky I was until it was empty.

See the pics in alt binaries... had that blown with 100psi I am sure
it would have done some damage to the stuff across from it, paint
cans and wood storage.

Time to redo your plumbing.

You had an accident waiting to happen and it did.

You had placed an excessive bending load on a brass fitting and it
failed.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, it's a more common error than you
might
think.

Lew