Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Removing Freely Rotating Swaged Steel Pin

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 00:32:06 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

snip
The collegiate pistol team I help coach has two Russian target air
pistols that have broken cocking linkages. I have replacement parts,
but I need to disassemble a linkage that has a swaged pin in it.

snip

Given this is a high tech university, there should be a ram
type EDM or hole shooter on campus in one of the machining
labs. Have you tried a few phone calls or a visit to the
lab?
http://fab.cba.mit.edu/classes/S62.1...le/peters.ben/
http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/67120
http://www.ll.mit.edu/
http://web.mit.edu/mact/www/Blog/Mac...ShopIndex.html

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"