Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Solder or crimp ?? Bus bar danger

On 12/30/2013 06:39 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

When I was a toddler, I lived in a wooden crib with
plastic covers on the rails. Makes me wonder if
some kind of plastic cover can be made for high
potential bus bars? Could be either cut to length,
or some thing. Would make the setup less likely to
attract metal tools.

Since the bars are a predictable size, a plastic cover
could be snapped on.

Insulated "shrouds" are now used on all industrial batteries
(forklift)...but they weren't many years ago.

OTOH: Stationary batteries AFAIK do not have them...and now that you
mention it, would be a darn good idea.

Of course no one but trained personnel would normally be allowed near a
stationary battery setup and with a motive power (forklift)
battery...access would not be restricted.