Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solder or crimp ?? Bus bar danger

On 12/30/2013 6:35 PM, philo wrote:
Thanks for sharing a bit more about the, uh,
"big picture" of what you were doing.

Sure thing...plus for low current I don't think solder vs crimp is going
to make much difference.

When I was a toddler, I lived in a wooden crib with
plastic covers on the rails. Makes me wonder if
some kind of plastic cover can be made for high
potential bus bars? Could be either cut to length,
or some thing. Would make the setup less likely to
attract metal tools.

Since the bars are a predictable size, a plastic cover
could be snapped on.

--
..
Christopher A. Young