Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I see no complaints about the BBC's

On 30/12/2013 20:14, tony sayer wrote:
In article , polygonum
scribeth thus
On 29/12/2013 20:31, John Williamson wrote:
I don't have an RDS capable receiver here, so it's possible they miss
out both vowels for a character count of 8, as laid down in the spec for
Programme Service. On the other hand, I've seen scrolling PS data on
British FM car radios being used in Europe, which alternate between the
station name and the track name and artiste currently playing.

As it happens, a traffic announcement interrupted my radio on the way
home this evening, "BBCLONDN" - no space. But the display is pretty
crude and it does look like a bit of a gap between the C and L.

There wouldn't have been, only the 8 digits numbers or marks allowed..

I had access to an RDS radio today, and it's BBCLONDN. 8 characters, no
spaces, although there appears to be a small gap between the C and the
L. This may just be bad layout of the LCD. FWIW, it's a Blaupunkt CDR47
radio.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.