Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Nicopress (or equivalent)????

On 12/30/2013 11:07 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
Anybody know a distributor for Nicopress sleeves, etc. in US?

I'm in need of a few Al sleeves for 4 AWG and haven't had any luck at
all locally or even online search.

Have query in to Nicopress but thought I'd see if anybody knows of
distributors....the locals have for #10 fencing wire and cables but
claim can't get anything but full lots on order of anything else...

You might try a telephone equipment vendor. We used to use Nicopress
sleeves on copper clad steel open wire. They probably won't have the
size you need, but they will probably know where to get some.

We used to have to maintain own phone lines up to where met the Ma Bell
lines at the edge of town before the switchover to dial (the crank and
talk to operator 'til then). We used a lot on them over the years and
use a fair number on electric fence. But, they're much smaller and
readily available; I've yet to find a distributor w/ the electrical wire
sizes in splices larger than #8, unfortunately.

Not sure who it would actually be I'd be asking per your suggestion,
though...