Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solder or crimp ?? Use No-al-ox?

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 00:33:25 -0500, Stormin Mormon

The larger crimp connectors I've used on power cables have grease in
them to fight corrosion. Of course they are cu/al rated and the grease
in the connectors is oxide inhibiting compound for the aluminum wire but
it also helps the copper wire connections. ^_^

TDD

TDD

Years ago, I did use NoAlOx, on a thermostat. With
.250 push on terminals. I came back a couple months
later, the terminals had corroded and were useless.
Changed to dielectric grease. That seemed to work
better. Not sure what it is, with the grey stuff in
the squirt tube.

NoAlOx is for ALUMINUM connections, not tinned prass (or bare brass
either)