Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Face the Nation General Hayden just another traitor

woodchucker wrote:
These clowns have revisionist views of what they do.
The General feels that modifying the encryption, and getting the
encryption values are fully legal because they go after foreign
entitities, but the reality is it went after our own people.

These are traitors to the American people, and they cloak it in
protection. Defeating our own encryption does not protect us. It
creates holes that open us up. If one foreign entity gets hold of that
flaw, all of our systems are at risk. Phone systems which use the RSA
key, financial systems which use the RSA key... lets assume power
systems also use it. I have not worked for the power systems but have
to assume they use the RSA vpn key...

Unfortunately, the country is full of stupid people these days who are not
just stupid, but lazy as well. They don't want to take the time and/or the
energy to understand (even at a superficial level), the risks of things like
this. History is lost on them. That backdoors have typically been
exploited. That codes have been cracked. But - tell them that what the
government wants to do is for their protection, and they roll over and sign
on to the program. It's easier that way. They can feel good about it.
Snowden means nothing to them. They don't realize that he was one
government employee who became disgruntled and exposed secrets of the
highest order. Fortunately - he is a good guy of sorts. Imagine if he had
malicious intents.

--

-Mike-