Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default I see no complaints about the BBC's

In article sting.com,
Artic wrote:
Broadback scribbled...

On 29/12/2013 09:06, Artic wrote:
harryagain scribbled...

"Artic" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...

coverage of the floods, winds, power outages, transport problems,
etc, over Xmas.

Has miserable Old Billy had a nice time enjoying other people's
misfortune?

Ain't he lucky, 'cos there's another load of bad weather coming
along next week.

All the news is bad news, not just weather. Haven't you noticed?

Like here then, where most of the posts are down to someone having a
problem.

Much more coverage as it was the South that there would have been if
the floods were elsewhere methinks.

More people affected - more crew available to cover the story. I've long
since stopped worrying that the BBC don't cover stories local to me - in
fact the local paper doesn't do much either. I know what flooding looks
like, as I do car crashes and fires. So I don't feel the need to see
every instance of any of them.

this type of reporting has been going on for nearly 50 years! TW3 had a
sketch which ran "The whole of Britain has ben hit by blizzards - here is a
picture of the snow outsie the newsroom window"

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18